"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week Google announced that it will take away the ability to host websites via Drive a year from now, Microsoft launched its most powerful series of virtual machines yet, and Alibaba decided to jump onto the artificial intelligence bandwagon.
Check out these stories and more by scrolling below to the infographic. Click the links at the bottom of the page to get all the details for each headline.
Drive Discontinuing Website Hosting
- Google Drive Can Host Websites for Free But You Only Have One Year Left to use the Service
- Deprecating web hosting support in Google Drive
FAA Cloud Contract
- CSC and friends Amazon and Microsoft score big cloud win
- CSC Team Wins Federal Aviation Administration Cloud Services Contract Valued at more than $108 Million
New, Powerful Azure VMs
- Microsoft bulks up Azure virtual Machines
- Microsoft Azure Announces New GS-Series Virtual Machines with High Grade Storage
- VMware and Rackspace Release OpenStack Cloud Architecture
- Rackspace and VMWare Deliver an Interoperable OpenStack Cloud Architecture
Alibaba AI Platform