"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week we officially saw the end of the IPv4 era in North America, a White House report called broadband a "core utility," and an exploit firm put out the largest bug bounty in history.
Need some more info? Check out our top five headlines below and click the links at the bottom of the page to get all the details for each story.
North America Out of IPv4
- It’s Official: North America is out of New IPv4 Addresses
- North America in Completely Out of New IPv4 Addresses
White House: Broadband is Utility
- White House: Broadband is now a ‘Core Utility’ for Everyone
- Broadband Opportunity Council Report and Recommendations
Zerodium Bug Bounty
- Summary of the Amazon DynamoDB Service Disruption and Related Impacts in the US-East Region
- Enterprises want Answers after Another AWS Issue
Azure Cloud Switch
- Microsoft Showcases the Azure Cloud Switch (ACS)
- Microsoft Builds New Azure Cloud OS on Linux and Open Hardware