"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week Microsoft is back in court in a landmark case against the U.S. government, a London health clinic accidentally revealed some very private patient data, and the NFL is making strides in the collection of in-game sports data.
Check out these stories and more by scrolling below to the infographic. Click the links at the bottom of the page to get all the details for each headline.
NFL and the IoT
London Clinic Data SNAFU
- Sexual Health Clinic Reveals HIV Positive Status of Nearly 800 Patients
- Inquiry Launched after HIV Clinic Reveals Hundreds of Patients’ Identities
Microsoft in Court
- Microsoft Argues for Data Security in Landmark Court Appeal
- Microsoft due in Court over Warrant for Emails Stored in Irish Data Centre
Hijacking Satellite Connections
- Turla cyberespionage group exploits satellite Internet links for anonymity
- Russian Hackers Hijacking Satellite Internet Links to Hide
Lack of Tech Talent
- There Still Aren’t Enough Tech Workers, and Enterprises are Paying the Price
- IT Talent Wars and the Gig Economy: Is the C-Suite Ready for the Future of Work?