"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week we saw Scottrade added to the ever-growing list of major data breaches, Dell and EMC are in talks over what would be a gargantuan merger, and Europe's highest court struct down a 15-year old agreement about trans-Atlantic data transfers.
Ready to learn more? See the rest of the headlines in this week's infographic and click on the links at the bottom of the page to get the rest of the details on each of our five stories from this week.
Dell and EMC
- Report: Dell in Merger talks with Storage Giant EMC
- Dell said to be in Talks with EMC Over Possible Huge Merger
Safe Harbor Struck Down
- EU Court Says Data-Transfer Pact with U.S. Violates Privacy
- Europe’s Top Court Strikes Down ‘Safe Harbor’ Data-Transfer Agreement with U.S.
- Scottrade Data Breach Affects Millions of Customers
- Scottrade Breach Exposes Sensitive Data for 4.6 Million Customers
Yahoo donates servers to universities
- Yahoo Donates Servers to Universities with Diverse Student Populations, Hopes to Grow the Pipeline
- Yahoo Donates Servers to Stony Brook University to Advance Computing Research