"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all thing data storage.
This week's infographic features a huge cloud partnership, yet another Google acquisition (shocker!), and a highly-anticipated newcomer in the data security space. Skim through the headlines, check for the links below to read more in-depth coverage on each story, and let us know what we missed in our weekly recap!
- Microsoft and IBM commit to providing their enterprise software on Azure, IBM clouds
- IBM Announcement | Microsoft Announcement
Google Acquires Firebase:
- Google Acquires Firebase to Help Developers Build Better Real-Time Apps
- Firebase Announcement | Google Announcement
Illumio Launches onto the Scene:
- Why this Startup Raised $42.5 Million Before it Came Out of Stealth
- The "Soft and Chewy Centers" that Put your Data at Risk
Accenture/GE New Study:
CenturyLink's New Data Center:
- This Week in Data (October 18, 2014)
- 5 Must-Ask Questions when Choosing a Backup Provider
- How Hosting Providers Can Add Value to Small Businesses