Data runs our world. Whether it's the medical advancements expected to be made by IBM's Watson supercomputer or the mass release of classified information collected by the NSA, it's hard to overstate the importance of storing, securing, and making sense of the ever-increasing amounts of data being collected across the globe every second of the day. But in a field that is constantly evolving, it can be tough to find the time to stay up-to-date on everything happening in the world of data.
"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all thing data storage.
Links for each story can be found below the graphic, just in case you want to dig beyond the surface of any or all of the five major stories.
2. Juno: The Tenth OpenStack Release
3. Cray Adds New Advanced Analytics Solution to Its Big Data Product Portfolio
4. Spark the fastest open source engine for sorting a petabyte
5. IBM and SAP Partner to Accelerate Enterprise Cloud Adoption
(Think we forgot a major story? Do you have a scoop on the next big thing? Feel free to add to the discussion by commenting below.)
- 5 Must-Ask Questions when Choosing a Backup Provider
- Our Takeaways from cPanel’s 'Hands on Houston'
- Bigger, Better, Bolder... Server Backup Manager 5.8