"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all thing data storage.
This week saw some major fortune telling by Forrester Research and Steve Ballmer, yet another step toward making the Internet of Things a reality for the masses, and an acquisition by Microsoft that will protect their enterprise customers in a hybrid cloud world.
Looking for more info on each story? Click the links below the graphic for more details, and don't forget to let us know if there are any big time stories that we missed this week.
Forrester's Cloud Predictions
- Forrester's 2015 cloud predictions: Docker rises, storage pricing war claims lives
- Cloud Become thes Motivator in 2015
Platfora Enters the IoT
Ballmer at Harvard
- Gift From Ballmer Will Expand Computer Science Faculty at Harvard
- Ballmer says machine learning will be the next era of computer science
Microsoft Acquires Aorato
- Enterprises Moving Big Data Workloads to Public Cloud
- How enterprises will use the cloud for big data analytics