"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week we heard news of yet another vulnerability tied to OpenSSL, whispers about upcoming products from both Google and Microsoft, and an analyst's thoughts on the worth of the world's largest cloud provider.
Scroll down to get the scoop on each story, and click the links below the graphic if you feel like diving into the full details. And, as always, please feel free to let us know if we missed an important story this week.
Windows Nano Server
- Windows Server 2016 leaks reveal Nano Server, protected VM role plans
- Microsoft Leak Shows Plans for Cloud-first Nano Server
Google Wireless Service
- Google talks about offering its own cellular service
- How Google's New Wireless Service will Change the Internet
- In a Major Goof, Uber Stored Sensitive Database Key on Public GitHub page
- Uber Suffers Data Breach Affecting 50,000
AWS Worth $50B
- Amazon's cloud computing unity is worth up to $50B, analyst says
- Could AWS Possibly be Worth $50 Billion?