"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week we found out that GoDaddy may soon be valued at more than $2 billion, IBM says that more than a billion personal records were leaked last year, and yet another cyber attack on a healthcare insurer my affect more than 11 million people. Ouch.
Looking for the rest of the story? Take a look at the infographic below, then click on the links at the bottom of the page to read more details about each story.
GoDaddy's New Filing
- GoDaddy's IPO to value web-hosting company at up to $2.87 billion
- Who's Your GoDaddy? IPO Expected to Value Internet Domain Registrar at $2.87 Billion
1 Billion Records Leaked
- 1 Billion Pieces of PII Leaked in 2014
- More Than One Billion Records Containing Personally Identifiable Information Leaked in 2014
China Hacking U.S. Companies
- Ex-NSA director: China has hacked 'every major corporation' in U.S.
- Former NSA leader: China has hacked every major U.S. company
- OpenSSL warns of two high severity bugs, but no Heartbleed
- OpenSSL Patches High Severity Flaw in Latest Version
- Premera Blue Cross Hacked: 11 Million Customers Could Be Affected
- Feds warned Premera about security flaws before breach