"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week Equinix is making progress on its open source platform for data centers, CloudFlare CEO says that they are still years away from going public, and a cloud optimization startup sees its first round of funding.
Need the whole scoop? Check out our top headlines in this week's infographic, and click on the links below of the page to get all the juicy details on each of our five stories.
Equinix Open Source Platform
- Equinix to Use Facebook Data Center Switches for Interconnection Platform
- Equinix Leverages OCP Technology from Facebook to Develop Open Source Exosystem Inside Equinix Data Centers
Google Joins OCP
- Google joins Facebook’s Open Compute Project, will donate rack design
- Google Joins Open Compute Project to Drive Stands in IT Infrastructure
CloudFlare Delays IPO
IBM South African Data Center
- IBM Unveils First Cloud Data Center in South Africa
- IBM Opens First South African Cloud Data Centre for Managing SAP Workloads
Spotinst Series A Funding
- Spotinst, which helps you buy AWS spot instances, raises $2m Series A
- Spotinst Raises Series A Funding Round to Optimize Cloud ‘Spot’ Market Utilization