"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week we saw Gartner reaffirm Amazon's leading role in the public IaaS space, two major flaws are leaving millions of Mac and PC users vulnerable to some major attacks, and researchers say that nearly one-third of physical servers are sitting idle in data centers.
Want to get the rest of the stories? Check below for the headlines in our weekly infographic, and you can find the links for each story further down on the page.
AWS Making Gains
- Gartner: AWS Pulls Further Ahead of Others in Cloud IaaS Market
- AWS Named as a Leader in the IaaS Magic Quadrant for the 4th Consecutive Year
- New Exploit Leaves most Macs Vulnerable to Permanent Backdooring
- Backdoor that Operates in Sleep Mode Opens Permanent Vulnerability in OSX
FCC Considers Subsidizing Internet
- FCC Chairman Wants Subsidized Internet for the Poor
- FCC Proposes Internet Subsidy for Low-Income Users
- Researcher Warns Popular Gaming Plug-in puts Millions of Web Users at Risk from Data Thieves
- Zero-Day Disclosed in Unity Web Player
- 30% of Servers are Sitting Comatose
- 30% of Servers are Sitting "Comatose" According to Research Findings