"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week Microsoft and Amazon received the highest FedRAMP status, Linux increased its dominance on Microsoft Azure and a survey found that cloud computing for enterprises is accelerating fast.
Check out these stories and more by scrolling below to the infographic. Click the links at the bottom of the page to get all the details for each headline.
Microsoft and Amazon Cloud
- Microsoft, Amazon both receive highest FedRAMP status for their government clouds
- AWS, Microsoft cloud win US government security approval
Google Android Programming
- Google launches Android programming course for absolute beginners
- Google and Udacity launch a new Android programming course for beginners
Microsoft Loves Linux
- One-third of Azure virtual machines now run Linux
- Microsoft: Nearly one in three Azure virtual machines now are running Linux
- Tor Project teams up with researchers to toughen up Tor browser
- Tor Browser news: Researchers fortify Tor browser to thwart FBI hackers
Uptime Institute Survey
- Move to cloud computing accelerating faster than thought for enterprises, survey finds
- Cloud transition faster than you think: Uptime Institute