"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week we saw a password locker company fall victim to a security breach, hundreds of millions of Samsung users are at risk of having their mobile data stolen, and even Major League Baseball teams are now in the mix when it comes to data breaches.
Check out the graphic below for all five stories, and scroll through the links at the bottom of the page if you want to get all the juicy details behind any of the headlines.
- Online Password locker LastPass hacked
- The LastPass security breach: What you need to know, do, and watch out for
- Massive Security flaw fond in 600 million Samsung Phones, Including Galazy S6
- 600 Million Samsung Galaxy Phones Exposed to Hackers
VMWare Identity Manager
- Introducing VMWare Identity Manager - Identity Management for the Mobile Cloud Era
- VMWare Launches Mobile Identity Management
EU Data Laws
- EU States Agree Framework for Pan-European Data Privacy Rules
- EU data protection regulation overhaul inches closer
- St. Louis Cardinals probed by FBI for Hacking Astros, Stealing Baseball Info
- St. Louis Cardinals underinvestigation by FBI in Hack of Houston Astros