"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all thing data storage.
This week we saw Microsoft acquire LinkedIn, a study found the cost of a data breach has dramatically increased, and Cisco added an analytics platform to its data center lineup.
Check out our top five data news stories in the infographic below, and if you want the full details click on the links provided at the bottom of the page!
Microsoft Buys LinkedIn
- Why Microsoft just bought LinkedIn: It's all about the data
- With LinkedIn, Microsoft looks to get back to the heart of the enterprise
Cost of Data Breach
- Data breach average costs hit $4 million mark
- Cost of a data breach: $4 million. Benefits of responding quickly: Priceless.
Samsung acquires Joyent
Cisco’s Analytics System
- Cisco wants to monitor everything in your data center, launches Tetration Analytics
- Cisco platform lets IT rein-in disruptive data center operations, security, applications
Verizon Email Flaw
- Verizon fixes email flaw which left user accounts open to attack
- Verizon Patches Serious Email Flaw That Left Millions Exposed
Did we forget to include your favorite tech news story this week? Feel free to share in the comments below!