"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week Cisco made a big move toward improving its cloud security strategy, Amazon open sources its own implementation of TLS, and Chicago extends a blanket tax on cloud and streaming services.
Check out the graphic below for all five stories, and scroll through the links at the bottom of the page if you want to get all the juicy details behind any of the headlines.
Cisco to Purchase OpenDNS
Amazon's Open Sources TLS
- Amazon releases open-source TLS implementation in respoonse to OpenSSL issues
- Introducting s2n, a new Open Source TLS Implementation
Oracle Commerce Cloud
Chicago Cloud Tax
- Chicago taxes cloud and streaming services
- Chicago 'cloud tax' makes Netflix and other streaming services more expensive
- Route Leak Causes Amazon and AWS Outage
- Config error at Boston-area hosting company takes down Reddit, others