"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week we saw some big news in the world of containers, HP announced that it's moving to renewable energy in our home state, and Microsoft told us when to expect their newest cybersecurity solution to hit the data center market.
Check out our infographic for all the headlines, click the links below for more details on each story, and don't forget to let us know if there are any compelling stories that we missed out on this week.
Open Container Initiative
- Open Container Initiative Gains Momentum as AT&T, Oracle, Twitter, and Others Join
- Community Rallies Behind Open Container Initiative
Wind-Powered Data Centers
- HP to Power Texas Data Centers with Wind Energy
- HP Buys Wind Power for Massive Texas Data Center Cluster
Cazena Big Data Service
- Startup launches Big Data-as-a-Service
- Cazena Raises $20M Series B for its Enterprise Big Data-as-a-Service Platform
Mobile Data Growth Report
- Gartner Forecasts 59 Percent Mobile Data Growth Worldwide in 2015
- Mobile Video Presents Huge Opportunity for COmmuication Service Providers: Report
Advanced Threat Analytics
- Microsoft's Advanced Threat Analytics to be made generally available in August
- Microsoft launches Advanced Threat Analytics