"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all thing data storage.
This week Google found a way to reduce datacenter energy usage, Microsoft announced an expansion to its Office 365 suite, and Dell patched several critical flaws in its central management system.
Skim through the headlines, check the links below to read more in-depth coverage on each story, and let us know what we missed in our weekly recap!
- DeepMind AI helps Google slash datacenter energy bills
- Google's DeepMind A.I. can slash data center power use 40%
No More Dark Data:
- Microsoft debuts Bookings, a new Office 365 service for online appointment scheduling
- Microsoft readies new appointment-booking service for Office 365 Business Premium users
Google’s New API:
- Google Cloud launches new machine learning API into open beta
- Google launches new API to help you parse natural language
Dell Security Patch:
- Dell patches critical flaws in SonicWALL Global Management System
- Hidden 'backdoor' in Dell security software gives hackers full access