"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
We've got a very cloud-centric collection of stories this week. In the last seven days, we saw Oracle close out its initial cloud offerings, Softlayer made super computing an achievable goal for the average business, and Intel had some bad news for Moore's Law.
Check out the rest of the headlines detailed in our infographic and scroll down to the bottom of the page to find links to the rest of the story.
Oracle Cloud Offerings
- Oracle extends cloud suite to cover order-fullfilment process
- Larry Ellison: 'The Oracle Cloud is Complete'
- Google Cloud Platform Launches Availability of Windows Server
- Google Cloud Platform Cozies up to Windows Server
Intel Delays "Tick-Tock"
- Intel confirms tick-tock-shattering Kaby Lake processor as Moore's Law falters
- Intel "tick-tock" strategy goes awry as 10nm Cannonlake is delayed
Accenture Insights Platform
- Accenture Launches Cloud-based Insights Platform
- Accenture Simplifies Analytics for Business with Cloud-Based Insights Platform
- IBM Unleashes NVIDIA GPU on Soflayer cloud for faster processing power
- IBM Puts NVIDIA Tesla K80 GPU on Softlayer Cloud