"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all thing data storage.
This week we saw Microsoft delay its Azure Stack software, a new form of ransomware was found to take your money and delete your files anyway, and new research found that IaaS cloud revenue is expected to triple by 2020.
Read about those headlines and more by checking out the infographic and clicking the links below to get the full stories. As always, leave a comment at the bottom of the page if you have any major stories to add to our list.
Microsoft’s Azure Stack
- Microsoft delays its Azure Stack software until mid-2017
- Microsoft to release Azure Stack as an appliance in mid-2017
Microsoft Professional Degree
- Microsoft's new online certification program kicks off with data science specialization
- Microsoft announces professional degree program to fill the skills gap
- Vicious new ransomware takes your money and still deletes your files
- No honor among thieves: New ransomware takes your money, deletes files anyway
Atlassain Acquires StatusPage
Public Cloud IaaS Projection
- Infrastructure as a service cloud computing revenue to surge by 2020
- Enterprise Adoption Driving Strong Growth of Public Cloud Infrastructure as a Service, According to IDC