"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This was a particularly busy, strange and remarkable week in the world of data. Wednesday saw an onslaught of technical failures that impacted Wall Street and jetsetters. We also saw the highly-anticipated depletion of IPv4 numbers from ARIN and some troubling news for Greek companies that are relying on foreign cloud service providers.
Take a look at all five headlines for this week and check out the full stories by clicking on the links below the infographic.
July 8 Outages
- Simultaneous downing of NY Stock Exchange, United, and WSJ.com rattles nerves
- Tech Fail! Explaining Today's 3 Big Computer Errors
DoJ Pushes Against 'Going Dark'
- FBI, DoJ want companies to back off end-to-end Encryption
- FBI, Justice Dept. Take Encryption Concerns to Congress
- Greek Startups Cut off from the Cloud
- Capital Controls Block Greek Businesses from Foreign Cloud Services
- New Zealand Cloud Storage Firm Mega takes Steps to Support IPO Ambitions
- New Mega Constitution paves way for listing after backdoor route closed