"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week Microsoft unveiled a big-data analytics line-up, and also faces scrutiny from the Chinese government, Time Warner Cable revealed a potential data breach of customer information, and Amazon Web Services launched two new data centers.
Check out the top 5 headlines in our infographic below, and scroll further to get the full details on each story.
Microsoft R Server
- Microsoft rolls out its R Server big-data analytics line-up
- Microsoft quietly unwraps a big-data analytics platform based on R
Time Warner Cable Breach
- Time Warner Cable says 320,000 customers may have been breached
- Time Warner and Linode report possible password breaches
New AWS Data Centers
Oracle Acquires AddThis
- Oracle scoops up AddThis, adds to Data Cloud
- Oracle Buys Audience Tracking Firm AddThis For Around $200M
Microsoft and the Chinese Government
- Chinese Regulators Still Want Answers from Microsoft in Anti-Trust Investigation
- China turns up antitrust heat on Microsoft