"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week VMware makes extreme job cuts, Facebook adds another European data center, and a recent Arbor Networks report states that hosting providers are likely to be targeted by cyber attacks.
Want to get all the details? Check out our top five stories in this week's infographic and click the links at the bottom of the page to learn more about each of our headlines.
- VMware Announces 800 Job Cuts, Narrower Cloud Focus
- VMware to cut 800 jobs, swaps CFO, delivers solid Q4
Facebook Data Center
Arbor Networks Report
- Cloud and Application Layer Increasingly Popular Attack Targets: Report
- Arbor Networks reveals 2015 advanced threat and DDoS security trends
Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Microsoft: Soon, you too can have your own Azure cloud
- Now You Can Run Microsoft Azure in Your Basement
Lenovo Password Fail
- Lenovo used third 'worst password' in file-sharing backdoor flaw
- Lenovo's file-sharing app actually used this terrible password