"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week Intel fixed a potentially fatal security flaw, Google Chrome gets a significant performance boost, and a recent Hadoop survey reveals big data trends for 2016.
Want to get the full scoop? See our top five headlines in this week's infographic and click on the links at the bottom of the page to get the full details on each of our stories from this week.
- Major security flaw found in Intel driver software
- Serious flaw patched in Intel Driver Update Utility
- Google Chrome set for speed boost: Brotli's leaner webpages edge closer
- Google to boost compression performance in Chrome 49
- Brave new browser: Eich returns with Chromium browser that replaces ads
- Mozilla co-founder unveils Brave, a browser that blocks ads by default
- FireEye to grow intelligence capabilities with iSight Partners deal
- Cybersecurity Firm FireEye Grabs iSIGHT in $200 Million Deal
- New Hadoop survey makes big data predictions for 2016
- New Hadoop Survey Identifies Big Data Trends to Watch in 2016