"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all thing data storage.
This week the White House and European Union both pull a u-turn when it comes to data policies, notable experts are stepping up to save mankind from the far-off danger of advances in artificial intelligence, and MongoDB locked in plenty of cash to fuel its future growth. Check below the graphic to find the full story behind each headline.
Do you have a story to add? Let us hear it by commenting below!
AI Donation and Open Letter
- Elon Musk donates $10M to keep AI beneficial
- Artificial Intelligence Experts Sign Open Letter to Protect Mankind from Machines
Google Cloud Monitoring
- Gain insight into the performance of your apps with Google Cloud Monitoring
- Google Opens its Cloud Monitoring Service to all Developers on its Platform
Obama Cyber Attack Proposal
- President Obama Announces New Cybersecurity Legislative Proposal and other Cybersecurity Efforts
- White House uses PSN, Sony Pictures Cyberattacks to Resurrect 'Dangerous' CISPA-like Security Measures
EU Data Retention
- EU Parliament Says States Can Repeal Data Retention Legislation
- EU legal advisers cast doubt on data retention legality
MongoDB Secures $80M