"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week saw what may have been the largest health care data breach in history, the announcement of a cloud-based technology that could help protect consumer data in the future, and the appointment of a new Federal CIO by the president of the United States.
Looking for more details? Click the links below the graphic to read full articles on each of these stories.
- Data caps can't be used to snuff out competition, Canada says
- Broadcasting and Telecom Decision CRTC 2015-26
GHOST Vulnerability via PHP
- Critical Ghost bug could haunt WordPress and PHP apps, too
- Critical 'Ghost' Linux flaw can be exploited through WordPress, other PHP apps
- IBM announces new cloud-based identity protection
- IBM Research Announced Cloud Breakthrough for Protecting Personal Data
Scott named Federal CIO