"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week negotiators in the US and Europe came to an agreement on data sharing, Google patches several security flaws in Android, and IBM expands its cloud portfolio.
Check out our infographic below for the top five headlines from this week, and scroll further if you want the full details on each story.
- EU-US Privacy Shield and its Impact on Small and Mid-Sized Hosting Providers
- EU, US strike new data sharing pact in effort to allay surveillance concerns
- Cisco-Jasper deal should make enterprise IoT safer
- With Jasper, Cisco covers IoT, cloud, software bases
Google fixes Android security:
- Android security: Google kills remote hacker bug, patches seven critical flaws
- Google fixes critical Wi-Fi and media-processing flaws in Android
Google Safe Browsing:
- Google will slap big red warning on legit sites hosting bad ads
- Google expands Chrome's Safe Browsing defenses to sniff out ad scams
IBM expands cloud portfolio:
- IBM doubles down on data with four new cloud tools
- IBM, Microsoft announce new cloud data services, features