"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week a recent report revealed that the computer services industry was most targeted by cyberattacks, IBM and VMware partner up to extend hybrid cloud environments, and an investigation reveals that the 2014 Sony Pictures hackers have been active for the past seven years.
See our infographic below to get more information on our top five headlines, and if some pique your interest, click on the links provided at the bottom.
Computer Services Cyberattacks
- As Sophisticated Teams Replace Lone Hackers, Cyberattacks Become Harder to Manage: Report
- Cyberattacks are Becoming Harder to Manage with Teams Replacing Single Hackers
Microsoft Enhances Security
- Microsoft provides enterprise security progress report
- Microsoft adds new security enhancements to its cloud offerings
IBM and VMware Partnership
- New Partnership will Help Hybrid Clouds Span VMware SDDC and the IBM Cloud
- VMware turns to IBM in the public cloud
Oracle Acquires Ravello
- Oracle snags cloud startup Ravello in deal said to be worth $500m
- Oracle Acquires Ravello Systems for Reported $500 Million
Sony Pictures Hackers Active
- Novetta finds Sony hackers active since 2009, North Korea involvement not endorsed
- The Sony Pictures hackers have been hitting organizations from different countries for years