"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week saw some very bad news for Lenovo customers, some great news that HTTP fans have waited 15 years to hear, and some surprising news about a highly-sophisticated malware that may have gone undetected since the 1990s.
Check out each story by reading the infographic and clicking on the links below. And as always, feel free to give us any feedback on the stories we covered, or the stories we missed.
Lenovo Adware Controversy
- Lenovo PCs Ship with Man-in-the-Middle Adware that Breaks HTTPS Connections
- Lenovo Caught Installing Adware on New Computers
Google Cloud Performance Tool
- Google Whips up PerfKit Tools to Make Cloud Benchmarking Easier
- New Open Source Tools for Measuring Cloud Performance
Equation Group Malware
- Sophisticated Self-Destructing Malware Infects Thousands of Servers Worldwide
- How "Omnipotent" Hackers tied to NSA hid for 14 years - and were found at last
RightScale 2015 Cloud Report
- RightScale: Do Enterprises Want Private, Public, or Hybrid Clouds?
- 2015 State of the Cloud Report: See the Latest Cloud Computing Trends