"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week the IRS was the target of a major malware attack, Apple plans to open a new center in India, and Twitter has announced new changes coming to its timeline.
Check out our infographic below for the top headlines from this week, and if you want all the details on each story, you can click on the links at the bottom!
- IRS website attack nets e-filing credentials for 101,000 taxpayers
- Identity thieves obtain 100,000 electronic filing PINs from IRS system
VMware’s new platform
- VMware gives enterprises a BYOD boost with three new tools
- VMware Unveils Workspace ONE to Deliver Digital Workspaces With Consumer Simplicity, Enterprise Security
Apple center in India
- Apple to open first offshore technology development centre in India
- Apple likely to get green signal for first retail store in India: Report
Twitter’s new timeline
- Twitter tweaks the timeline in a bid to keep more users engaged
- 6 things you should know about Twitter's timeline change
Xero partners with Microsoft
- Xero partners with Microsoft to enable big data collection
- Xero introduces big data analytics and a unified bookkeeping platform