"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week we saw Oracle add docker support to it’s public cloud portfolio through a new acquisition, NetApp integrates SolidFire into its data fabric strategy, and Microsoft is planning to ban man-in-the-middle adware starting in March 2016.
Continue reading to see our top five stories in this week's infographic, and be sure to check out the links at the bottom of the page to get more details on our top headlines.
- Oracle acquires StackEngine, plots new cloud campus in Austin
- Oracle Acquires Docker Container Startup StackEngine, Plans Austin-Based Cloud Computing Center
Microsoft’s New Ban
- Microsoft to ban man-in-the-middle adware from March 31
- Microsoft is banning the adware method that caused Lenovo’s Superfish scandal
Hello Kitty Hack
- Millions of Hello Kitty fans' data exposed by database hack
- Database leak exposes 3.3 million Hello Kitty fans
Google Data Center
- Done Deal: $600M Google Data Center Coming to Tennessee
- Google $600M data center confirmed for Clarksville