"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week we saw Microsoft strike a joint venture deal with Beijing, VMware drops out of a joint venture with EMC, and MacKeeper exposes 13 million account details.
Ready to learn more? See the rest of the headlines in this week's infographic and click on the links at the bottom of the page to get the rest of the details on each of our five stories from this week.
- Microsoft's on-again-off-again relationship with the Chinese government is on again
- Microsoft deal to sell Windows 10 to Chinese government
- VMware Drops Plans to Launch Joint Cloud Venture with EMC
- VMware drops proposed cloud initiative with EMC
- Apple Mac security: MacKeeper exposes 13 million user account details
- 13 million MacKeeper users exposed by Shodan search, no password or hacking required
- Cloud Foundry launches code certification effort, IBM, HPE, Pivotal on board
- Cloud Foundry Launches PaaS Certification Program
- DIY Website Builder Moonfruit Takes Customer Sites Offline After DDoS Attack
- Moonfruit takes websites offline after cyber-attack threat