"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all thing data storage.
This week's top data stories include an upcoming app store focused on keeping your data private, Sony striking back against the hackers that made its data public, and a new department in the U.S. government that aims help the private sector understand the laws that protect our data.
Did we somehow miss major big data, cloud, or security story this week? Our track record has been squeaky clean so far, but if you've got a scoop on another story feel free to let us know in the comments section below!
Data Loss Cost
Blackphone App Store
- Blackphone Confirms Privacy-Focused App Store and Device Sanboxes Incoming
- Blackphone to Launch the World's First Privacy-Focused App Store
- Global Study: Hybride Cloud - From Hype to Reality
- Most Companies Would Ditch Infastructure and Switch to Public or Hybrid Cloud Tomorrow
DOJ Cybercrime Unit
- Justice Department Creates Cyber Unity to Provide Legal Guidance on Electronic Surveillance
- Justice Department Plans New Cybercrime Team