"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week we saw a WP Engine security breach, dozens of Windows vulnerabilities fixed on Patch Tuesday, DDoS attacks on the rise, and new Linux certifications by Microsoft.
To learn more about these top headlines, take a gander at this week's infographic and be sure to click on the links at the bottom of the page to get in-depth details on each of our five stories from this week.
WP Engine Security Breach
- Following Credential Breach, WordPress Host WP Engine Urges Customers to Reset Passwords
- WordPress hosting biz confesses to breach, urgently contacts 30,000 users
Microsoft loves Linux
- Microsoft continues embracing Linux with new Azure certification
- Not a typo: Microsoft is offering a Linux certification
Rising DDoS Attacks
- DDoS attacks on the rise, endangering small organizations
- Akamai releases Q3 2015 state of internet security report
Microsoft Patch Tuesday
- All Windows users should patch these critical security flaws
- December Patch Tuesday avalanche of patches includes leaked Xbox certificate
- Dropbox Kills Separate Photo, Email Apps to Streamline Business Collaboration
- Dropbox Shuttering Mailbox, Carousel Photo App