"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week the U.S. government said "not so fast" to plans for it to relinquish oversight of ICANN, IBM dove deeper into the world of Linux and open source software, and the co-founders of Google may have pushed us all into a post-.com world.
Check out our infographic for all the headlines, click the links below for more details on each story, and don't forget to let us know if there are any compelling stories that we missed out on this week.
- U.S. Delays Plans to cede oversight of Internet Administrator 2016
- US Gov. extends contract with ICANN, will hold reins for another year
.XYZ Taking Off
- XYZ Exploding after Google's Alphabet Announcement
- Thanks to Google's Alphabet, .XYZ will end .COM Dominance
Equinix Data Centers
- New Submarine Cable to Connect Equinix Data Centers in Lond, New York
- AquaComms to Deploy AEConnect with Equinix
IBM LinuxOne Mainframes
- IBM Teams with Canonical to put Ubuntu Linux on Mainframes
- Can IBM's LinuxOne Mainframe Compete with Cloud Computing?
Cisco Web-Scale Platform