"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week Microsoft introduced its new Project Rome, Volkswagen amped up its private cloud, and WhatsApp opened up end-to-end encryption to all users.
Check out the top five stories in this week's infographic and scroll down to the links below if you want more details on any of our headlines from this week!
Microsoft’s Project Rome
- Microsoft's Project Rome enables consistent app experiences
- Microsoft to ease app-handoff with Windows 10 and beyond with 'Project Rome'
Salesforce Acquires MetaMind
- Salesforce acquires AI startup MetaMind
- Salesforce buys AI specialist MetaMind to avoid being ‘flanked'
Volkswagen and OpenStack
- Volkswagen chooses OpenStack for private cloud
- Volkswagen Picks Mirantis for OpenStack Private Cloud
Ingram Micro Acquires Ensim
- Ingram Micro to Acquire Cloud Application Distributor Ensim
- Ingram Micro buys cloud app distributor Ensim
WhatsApp End-to-End Encryption
- WhatsApp opens up end-to-end encryption for everyone
- WhatsApp is now most widely used end-to-end crypto tool on the planet