"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week Google officially announced that it's "experimenting" in the mobile wireless industry, Microsoft is giving Office 365 customers the final say on their data security, and IBM makes a big move toward preventing cybercrimes.
Are you at the edge of your chair yet? Scroll down the page to read all the headlines in the infographic below and then scroll just a little bit further to find links to each full story.
Office 365 Lockbox:
- Microsoft unveils Customer Lockbox for Office 365
- Microsoft's Office 365 "lockbox" gives customers last word on data access
IBM X-Force Exchange platform
- IBM Opens Threat Intelligence to Combat Cyber Attacks
- IBM opens up its threat data as part of new security intelligence sharing platform
Google Project Fi
- Say hi to Fi: A new way to say hello
- Here's what you need to know about Google's wireless plan, Project Fi
Worldwide Cloud Spending
- Worldwide Cloud IT Infrastructure Market Growth Expected to Accelerate to 21% in 2015
- Cloud Infrastructure Spending Grows, Will Reach $32 Billion in 2015
NSA Extension Bill
- Senate moves to renew law allowing bulk telephone metadata collection
- McConnell bill would extend NSA Surveillance