"This Week in Data" is a weekly infographic that aims to serve as a quick and easy way for our readers to catch up on the latest news about the people and organizations that are shaking up the world of big data, cloud computing, and all things data storage.
This week a UK web host wiped out hundreds of business websites, Microsoft made its Azure Container Service generally available, and a new utility was built that could block ransomware for Macs.
Ready to learn more? See the rest of the headlines in this week's infographic and click on the links at the bottom of the page to get the full details on each of our five stories from the week.
123-reg Wipes Out Websites
- Web host 123reg wipes hundreds of businesses off the face of the earth
- UK Web Host 123-reg Continues to Restore Data After VPS Outage
Amazon Web Services
- AWS focuses on hard disks for new big data services
- Amazon Web Services launches security service, more cloud storage options
Microsoft’s Azure Container Service
- Microsoft Azure Container Service now generally available
- Microsoft Launches Azure Container Service
Intel Looks to Diversify
- Intel cuts 12,000 jobs as it bets on IoT, data center over PCs
- Intel axes 12,000 jobs as it looks to break away from PCs
- Former NSA security expert builds ransomware blocker for Mac
- This tool can block ransomware on Mac OS X, for now