Today’s Quick Tip focuses on viewing and editing Policies and Disk Safes associated with an Agent, a feature of CDP 3.0 Enterprise Edition.
CDP 3.0 allows you to view all objects (such as Disk Safes and Policies) across your installation. It also allows you to make bulk edits across Disk Safes and Policies (for example, changing the compression settings of multiple Disk Safes or changing the recovery point limits of multiple Policies at once).
What if you also want to view and edit objects that are associated with a specific CDP Agent? CDP 3.14 (and higher) makes it easy for you. The ability to modify objects directly from here includes bulk editing capabilities that can be a time saver.
You can select an agent from your CDP Agent list and will see a list of tabs for objects tied to the selected Agent:
- Details – Provides details about the selected CDP Agent
- Disk Safes – Add/view/edit Disk Safes associated with this particular CDP Agent
- Policies – Add/view/edit Policies associated with this particular CDP Agent
- Groups – See a list of groups associated with this CDP Agent
- Users – See a list of users associated with this CDP Agent
Get more details on accessing and working with Agents in our wiki.